Field Guide to Wisconsin Grasses by Emmet J. Judziewicz, Robert W. Freckmann, Lynn G. Clark, Merel R. Black
English | December 23rd, 2014 | ASIN: B00QYTSWS8, ISBN: 0299301346 | 356 Pages | EPUB | 82.82 MB
Grasses are the foremost plant family of prairies, savannas, barrens, many agricultural landscapes, lawns, and successional habitats throughout Wisconsin, yet they are notoriously difficult to identify. This field guide to 232 species of Wisconsin grasses includes more than 1,100 illustrations.
Setting a new standard as the first new, illustrated midwestern grass identification manual to appear since the 1960s, it provides up-to-date, comprehensive information for naturalists, gardeners, landscapers, nursery horticulturalists, community restoration professionals, agronomists and biologists, and any outdoors lover.
The book includes:
• species descriptions and distribution maps for all 232 species
• more than 700 color photographs accompanying species descriptions
• drawings of most species
• chapters on grass morphology and grasses in natural communities
• keys to all species, including an illustrated key to genera
• a glossary of grass terminology.
If you like my post leave "thanks" or click on like button.